Title: Technician (Night shift)
Location: Hunt Valley, MD
BW Papersystems, a world leading supplier of precision corrugating and finishing machinery to the corrugated box industry is currently seeking qualified and talented individuals.
The BWP culture offers a progressive work environment, quality and innovative products and an emphasis on employee personal growth. BWP is part of Barry-Wehmiller Companies, Inc., a global manufacturing and engineering group with annual sales over $1 billion with corporate headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri. BWP offers a professional work environment with a competitive compensation, and benefit package.
Perform installation of electrical, electronic and numerical controls on company product that includes computerized machines. Work involves the installation and test of logic panels, electrical control panels, servo motors, circuit boards, mini-computers, numerical controls and related electrical/electronic units or subassemblies.
Possess an understanding of basic mechanical functions including motor drives, bearings, couplings, rolls, and gears. Apply principles and theories of advanced electronics, electrical circuitry, and basic mechanical functions.
- • Work from complex drawings, schematics and engineering specifications to perform electrical/electronic functions and use a wide variety of testing instruments that include amp meter, oscilloscope, digital multi-meter circuit testers, print circuit board testers and automatic cable continuity tester.
- • Recommend changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance. Set up standard test apparatus or devise test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production machines.
- • Check out all CNC, NC and mini-computer controls before and after installations to various machine assemblies. Determine and perform direct test on a variety of components. Construct specific test equipment as required and run test to prove out testing equipment.
- • May be utilized in the build phase of various machine assemblies; building to specific work instructions, prints, verbal instruction or technical bulletins.
- • Provide feedback through our quality systems to improve design, safety, process, and cost. Work with various team members in seeking out ways to improve the overall performance or assist in performing root cause analysis to problems and utilizing lean tools to implement corrective actions.
- • Troubleshoot digital integrated circuits, test and replace items such as capacitors, rectifiers, resistors, diodes on computer logic panels.
- • This position may require overtime
- • This position may require some occasional travel to customer locations for continuous learning and improvement for machine checklist process
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- • Position requires 2-3 years knowledge of mathematics, wiring diagrams, schematics, print layouts and equipment manuals.
- • Possess a strong knowledge of electricity, operations of electrical equipment and code requirements for wiring and installations.
- • Degree or certification in technology is preferred
The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated, persuasive, intelligent and well educated. The individual’s personal style will need to be suited to a culture which is team based, entrepreneurial, fast paced, value-driven with high corporate standards. The individual will need to be very comfortable working in a lean, matrixed, highly customer focused organization with strong ethical standards.
This position may have occasional domestic travel.
No relocation has been planned for this position.
For confidential consideration, please send resume and compensation history to Ginie.Holochwost@BWPapersystems.com . Equal Opportunity Employer
To comply with Federal law, Barry Wehmiller Companies participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.