Title: Field Service Engineer
Location: Hunt Valley, MD
BW Papersystems, a world leading supplier of precision corrugating and finishing machinery to the corrugated box industry is currently seeking qualified and talented individuals.
The BWP culture offers a progressive work environment, quality and innovative products and an emphasis on employee personal growth. BWP is part of Barry-Wehmiller Companies, Inc., a global manufacturing and engineering group with annual sales over $1 billion with corporate headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri. MarquipWardUnited offers a professional work environment with a competitive compensation, and benefit package.
Responsible for the installation and service of BWP products, which includes providing service and troubleshooting support on machinery in the field. Perform routine and/or emergency breakdown mechanical/electrical service. Assist with new machine installations. Provide training of customer operation and maintenance personnel. Emphasis on the safe operation of the products and establishing zero-energy state during maintenance is to be emphasized. Anticipated field time over a six-month period is 75% - 80%. Holiday and weekend work is routine for the Field Service Engineer.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- • A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering or Engineering Technology or Controls from an accredited school is required
- • Proven oral and written communication skills are a plus.
- • Some Field Service Engineer positions may require a proficiency in one or more languages other than English.
- • Experience in troubleshooting electrical and mechanical equipment.
- • Attaining graduated levels of Field Service Engineer is based on months of experience, demonstrating advancing levels of proficiency on MWU machines, and the number of times for which the employee has been the lead person on a machine installation.
- • Extensive domestic and international travel is required (about 75% of the time is on the road).
- • Requires substantial lifting, climbing, twisting, kneeling, etc.
This position will require about 20 days of travel each month and will work from a home office when not traveling.
The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated, persuasive, intelligent and well educated. The individual’s personal style will need to be suited to a culture which is team based, entrepreneurial, fast paced, value-driven with high corporate standards. The individual will need to be very comfortable working in a lean, matrixed, highly customer focused organization with strong ethical standards.
For confidential consideration send resume and compensation history to Ginie.Holochwost@MarquipWardUnited.com .
Equal Opportunity Employer
To comply with Federal law, Barry Wehmiller Companies participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.