BW Papersystems, a worldwide & leading supplier of precision corrugating and finishing machinery to the corrugated box industry, is currently seeking qualified and talented individuals. The BWP culture offers a progressive work environment, quality and innovative products, and an emphasis on team member personal growth. BWP is part of Barry-Wehmiller Companies, Inc., a global manufacturing and engineering group with annual sales over $1 billion, and has corporate headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri. BWP offers a professional work environment with a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Perform duties required to install electrical wiring, electrical components, conduit, and fittings following established procedures, as well as working from work orders, wiring diagrams, drawings, and verbal instructions. In addition, perform duties required to assemble or modify electro/mechanical equipment or devices.
Essential functions of this position include:
- 1. Drill and tap holes in specified locations for mounting control units, using hand tools, drill press and following drawings and diagrams.
- 2. Attach breakers, sensors, junction boxes, relays, transformers, insulators, control cabinets, signs, faceplates and other components with bolts and screws, using wrenches and screwdrivers.
- 3. Label and terminate wires in electrical enclosures.
- 4. Connect color-coded wires, following wiring diagram.
- 5. Pull wire through conduit, making proper connections as specified in drawings.
- 6. Create and assemble wiring harnesses and wire kits.
- 7. Solder connections and crimp connectors to wire ends, using soldering iron and pliers.
- 8. Inspect systems and electrical parts to detect hazards, defects, and need for adjustments or repair.
- 9. Inspect, test, and adjust completed unit to ensure that unit meets specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
- 10. Connect electrical wiring according to circuit diagram.
- 11. Read blueprints and specifications to determine component parts and assembly sequence of electromechanical unit.
- 12. Read electrical schematics and diagrams.
A high school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum of 1 year of practical training as an electrician.
This position is eligible for our full benefits package including:
- • Insurance - Medical, Dental, Vision
- • 401K plan including employer match
- • Life & Disability Insurance
- • Paid vacation, holidays, and casual time
- • FSA & HSA options
- • Wellness rewards program
Schedule: There are openings on our second shift or weekend teams. Second shift is scheduled Monday through Thursday, 1pm-11pm. Weekend shift is scheduled Friday through Sunday, 5am-5pm.
The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated, persuasive, intelligent and well educated. The individual’s personal style will need to be suited to a culture which is team based, entrepreneurial, fast paced, value-driven with high corporate standards. The individual will need to be very comfortable working in a lean, matrixed, highly customer focused organization with strong ethical standards.
If you would like to submit your resume for this position, please email it to us.
- Email: Korryn.Vail@bwpapersystems.com
To comply with Federal law, Barry Wehmiller Companies participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V